Fake information and propaganda
Fake information and propaganda have existed for many years, if not centuries. But with social media algorithms reinforcing affirmation bias and with the appearance of deep pretend know-how, misinformation has reached unprecedented ranges. As a outcome, belief has plummeted and company crises have gotten ever-more frequent.
In this episode of the Digital Download Podcast, I speak to Kate Hartley from disaster simulation platform Polpeo. Kate has not too long ago written a e-book referred to as Communicate in a Crisis that takes an in depth have a look at why individuals behave the way in which they do on social media, how misinformation spreads consequently and the way firms can greatest deal with this.
Here’s what’s mentioned on this episode:
- How disaster administration has advanced in the previous few years
- Why the velocity of data on-line is scaring firms a lot
- How we’re now much more more likely to be taught of issues that outrage us
- Why individuals put on outrage as a badge of honour
- How the media reinforces the unfold of misinformation
- How belief is more likely to proceed to erode
- Why being clear and the trusted voice of authority is so very important now
- The causes individuals unfold misinformation
- How misinformation is resulting in elevated polarisation
- Why Facebook doesn’t pay attention to make use of by way of our cellphones
- Why you have to have ‘pretend information’ in your disaster plan
- How to take care of misinformation within the midst of a social media disaster
- Whether individuals will begin to disengage with social media in future
What to do Next
Subscribe to the podcast to obtain new episodes routinely to your cellular or e-mail. And if you happen to loved in the present day’s present, please e-mail it to a pal and/or share it in your favorite social media channels. I’d love to listen to from you with any feedback or ideas. I learn and reply to each single email, tweet or message. And lastly, it might even be very superior and massively appreciated if you happen to’d have the ability to take a second to go away an sincere assessment and score for the podcast on iTunes, as this helps others uncover Digital Download.
Thanks for listening!