What Are The Advantages of Face-to-Face Meetings?
While everybody loves the flexibility of expertise to scale our gross sales efforts, save time and my private favourite, name on gross sales prospects throughout the globe whereas sleeping in my very own mattress every evening, the easy fact is, nothing closes a deal like an important face-to-face assembly with a prospect. In truth, I don’t suppose you’ll be able to Sell Greatly with out face-to-face interactions. Here’s why:
- Body Language: Even on a video name, you’ll be able to’t all the time learn the physique language of your gross sales prospect and/or the opposite folks within the room. This is a large destructive. Non-verbal physique language typically communicates a really totally different message from the verbal message a prospect is saying. By lacking these hidden gross sales alerts, you’re pitching a take care of one hand tied behind your again.
- Technology Works: Have you ever been on a video convention or perhaps a convention name the place the tech completely fails? Me too. Talk a few distraction. You’re attempting to concentrate on a gross sales prospect and get them to concentrate on you however in actuality, everyone seems to be simply fascinated with the tech glitch and the way it’s making it actually arduous to speak something.
- Small Talk: While it’s not unusual for everybody to sit down quietly (often checking electronic mail or social media) whereas ready for the official begin of a convention or video chat name, the identical isn’t true with face-to-face conferences. Because you’re sitting in a room with folks, it’s thought-about impolite to simply stare (and it makes of us uncomfortable) so of us are likely to launch into small discuss. Small discuss is the place you be taught these little insider ideas and insights that always imply the distinction between successful and dropping a deal. Oh, after which there may be the entire small discuss results in relationship factor.
- Relationship Building: When a video convention or convention name ends, it ends. There isn’t any “after occasion.” But with face-to-face conferences, there may be the chance to increase the assembly with a tour of the prospect’s workplaces, espresso, drinks and even lunch/dinner. All of those are possibilities to proceed having conversations along with your gross sales prospect – conversations that may flip into clients.
- Impact Value: Nothing says I need to work with you want taking the time to schedule and attend a face-to-face assembly. And I’m not simply speaking about your need to work along with your gross sales prospect. I’m speaking about their need to work with you too. By agreeing to just accept a face-to-face assembly, the gross sales prospect is non-verbally signaling that they’re keen on you adequate to provide you a piece of their undivided consideration.
- Higher Close Rates: According to Harvard Business Review, face-to-face requests are 34 instances more practical than electronic mail requests. And an US Travel Association Study discovered that gross sales prospects are greater than twice as more likely to develop into new clients with an in-person assembly.
Why Sales Prospects Take Face-to-Face Meetings
Well now we have our personal ideas on this however apparently sufficient, there actually aren’t numerous good, respected research answering this query. So we’re going to discipline our personal and report again in a future submit. If you need to be notified of the outcomes, simply drop your title/electronic mail beneath and we’ll electronic mail them to you once they’re prepared.
Leveraging Empathy Based Selling To Schedule More Face-to-Face Meetings
As we famous above, now we have our ideas on why any gross sales prospect agrees to a face-to-face assembly when 95% or extra of the whole lot they should do/cowl with you will be completed just about.
That’s it. They need to look you within the eye, shake your hand, and ensure they really consider you and/or your organization are going to do what you say you’ll, and that you just’ll ship.
And that’s why conventional chase and convert gross sales prospecting approaches don’t reduce it anymore. Sure, that was nice when that gross sales prospect couldn’t conduct 95%+ of the transaction just about, they’d no selection however to take a gathering so as to full their buy analysis.
But in right this moment’s digital first world, the bar is larger. Everyone is being pushed to do extra with much less and the primary casualty of that actuality is the face-to-face assembly.
That leaves right this moment’s gross sales groups with two choices. First, settle for that that is the brand new regular and develop into as proficient as doable at distant, digital promoting. Or second, give that gross sales prospect a motive different than simply belief to WANT (notice I purposely used that phrase WANT) to satisfy you face-to-face.
In a previous gross sales prospecting and convention networking submit I informed you the story of the lady who confided in a colleague
“You know I really like that Tom isn’t attempting to pitch me his stuff. But… I sort of need to hear the pitch.”
See that key phrase once more? WANT
The key to getting face-to-face gross sales conferences is need. Technology makes it simple for gross sales prospects to simply discuss to you through telephone or possibly video convention. They can e-sign paperwork and contracts, evaluate gross sales collateral, and so forth., all whilst you’re not truly sitting in the identical room with them.
Nope, right this moment if you would like that every one highly effective face-to-face assembly, then it’s a must to create a need, a WANT of their thoughts to sit down with you and listen to your speal.
Need Help Creating Face-to-Face Meetings?
Just drop us a line utilizing the useful dandy type beneath and somebody from our workforce will likely be in contact ASAP.